Traditional Greek salad
Super fresh, and utterly delicious!
- 8 Medium juicy tomatoes, preferably organic tomatoes
- 2 Cucumber, or 3/4 English (hot house) cucumber preferred, partially peeled making a
- 2 green bell pepper, cored
- 2 medium red onion
- Greek pitted Kalamata olives
- Salt, a pinch
- 8 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil (I used Early Harvest Greek olive oil)
- 2–4 tbsp red wine vinegar or Balsamic vinegar with Honey
- Blocks of Greek feta (do not crumble) a good amount to your liking
- 1 tbsp quality dried oregano
1. Cut the tomatoes into wedges or large chunks
2. Cut the partially peeled cucumber in half length-wise, then slice into thick halves (at least
1/2″ in thickness)
3. Thinly slice the bell pepper into rings.
4. Cut the red onion in half and thinly slice into half moons.
5. Place everything in a large salad dish. Add a good handful of the pitted kalamata olives.
6. Season very lightly with salt (just a pinch). Pour the olive oil and red wine vinegar.
7. Give everything a very gentle toss to mix; do NOT over mix, this salad is not meant to be
handled too much.
8. Now add feta pieces on top. Sprinkle the dried oregano.
9. Serve with crusty bread!
Comments are closed